Established in 2006
The Shoemaker Foundation exists to provide resources to organizations that foster the values of Rudy and Patti Hein and Families – honesty, integrity, fairness, and a strong work ethic. The Foundation seeks to proactively strengthen Upper Kittitas County by investing in the education, youth, families, and the enrichment of our community.
Who typically gets funding?
What types of activities/projects are funded?
- Resources are generally provided to organizations, rather than individuals.
- Most grants are awarded to Upper Kittitas County organizations, and preference is given to organizations focused on the Upper Kittitas County, although requests from any applicant will be considered.
- Organizations do not have to be nonprofits in order to receive funding.
- In general, the foundation looks for projects of at least $500, but welcomes smaller requests.
- Preference is given to those applicants who can specifically identify how the funds will be used (e.g., paving a parking lot, providing a summer lunch program for 100 children, etc.).
- Preference is given to those applicants who can demonstrate high-impact use of the funds (e.g., large number of people impacted; high economic or social benefit to the community, etc.).
- Funds are generally not provided through this foundation for:
Past Projects Funded
- the internal administrative costs of the organizations, such as staff salaries and other operating expenses.
- individuals or families directly requesting financial assistance
- business start-up costs
||Summer Lunch Program
||Summer Meals Program
|Economic Development Group of Kittitas County
||UKC Emergency Response Recovery Plan
|Walter Strom Middle School
||Summer Youth Program
|Hanson Ponds Trailhead and Bridge Replacement
||Repairs and Replacements
When will I know if I will be awarded a grant?
The Rudy and Patti Hein Memorial Scholarship
- Applications are generally reviewed within two weeks of being received.
- You will be notified within thirty days of your submission whether or not additional information is required.
- For simpler requests, funding may be available in as little as one week from the date of submission. Larger, more complex requests with numerous uncertainties may require up to one month (or longer) for funding.
- If an organization’s request is approved, grant checks will be mailed directly to the organization’s address specified in the grant application.
- Providing scholarships locally for 25 years
- Awarded more than $200,000 in scholarship dollars since 1993
- 64 Upper Kittitas County students have been recipients
HONESTY, INTEGRITY, FAIRNESS & A STRONG WORK ETHIC
All grant applications are made subject to Shoemaker Foundation’s review of the organization’s reputation and activities and the organization’s agreement to comply with Shoemaker Foundation’s terms and conditions. Shoemaker Foundation reserves the right to decline funding to any organization based on its review of the organization’s reputation and activities.