DEVELOPER: Pine Street Group
ARCHITECT: GGLO, Seattle
CONTRACTOR: Lease Crutcher Lewis
MECHANICAL ENGINEER: MacDonald-Miller
PRODUCTS DESIGNED INTO PROJECT
- LSD– Linear Slot Diffusers.
- LSW– Linear bar diffusers for sidewall application.
- 904– Adjustable airfoil blade double deflection diffuser.
- 600– Lattice return with extruded aluminum frame.
- 905– 45° fixed airfoil blade return air grille.
- 1630– 30° Deflection Heavy Duty Floor Grille.
- MA DCF– modular core diffuser with beveled frame.
- 950– 30° Adjustable Aluminum Airfoil Blade Register.
- RS34– Radius Spiral Pipe Grille (Double Deflection).
The Via6 Apartments, located in the 6th and Lenora building, required products adequate to meet air distribution needs in both a multi-family housing environment as well as a mixed-used design. The facility houses a multitude of different living spaces as well as amenities for residents such as a gym, large gathering spaces, and patio spaces that can be utilized as closed in-door facilities or can be opened up for a more indoor/outdoor feel. Shoemaker Manufacturing was able to provide all of the products for the various requirements of this project. Shoemaker custom packaged and labeled all of the product that went into the Via6 Apartments to help ease the delivery process in the logistically challenging downtown Seattle area.
This job was a perfect example of how the baked on powder coat paint, used on all Shoemaker products, can act as a perfect primer for projects that require the air distribution products be field color-matched for better aesthetic integration into buildings. In this project, Shoemaker products were painted to be incorporated with murals that are found in the large public commercial spaces on the ground floor of the building. The paint for the murals went on smoothly and evenly as the powder-coat paint layer provided an excellent base for application.